Dear MDLT Supporter,
Mujeres de la Tierra (MDLT) has submitted La Paletera de Los Angeles to the LA2050 grant competition. It is: "...an initiative to create a shared vision for the future of Los Angeles, and to drive and track progress toward that vision. LA2050 looks at the health of the region as it exists today along eight well-defined indicators of human development, and we've made informed projections about where we'll be in the year 2050 if we continue on this current path."
MDLT submitted a proposal for LA Paletera de Los Angeles and we can win the competition one of two ways: either by popular vote or a panel of judges. MDLT is placing bets on the popular vote route because of the good will that is out there for the organization and Irma's extensive network of colleagues and friends. We are reaching out to you to ask you for your support to secure votes from your network.
Below are voting instructions and a brief paragraph on LA Paletera. Voting begins on Tuesday, 9/2, which is when we will test the voting to make sure it all works. In the meantime, if you agree to tap into your network, please feel free to share our website link: http://myla2050create.maker.good.is/projects/lapaletera on any social media platform of your choice and let your colleagues, friends and family know that you will confirm voting instructions on Tuesday, 9/2. One thing to mention is that garnering a greater number of votes in the first few days seems to yield a better chance of winning.
Gracias and MDLT appreciates your vote and your help with spreading the word!
LA Paletera de Los Angeles
Mujeres de la Tierra proposes to launch La Paletera de Los Angeles, a social entrepreneurial venture that was developed in response to the women we have partnered with over the years. We are “up scaling” the current ice cream cart business model found in parks throughout LA. We will be making & selling healthy paletas (frozen fruit bars) with a highly trained workforce who will use the experience as a training ground for launching their own micro venture. This platform will add vibrancy to outdoor living and spark energy in neighborhoods. We will be training 10 women with entrepreneurial spirit and initiate the project with 4 paleteras, 2 part-time persons, 4 tricycle vending carts and sell in 2 venues: Central & South LA.
HOW TO VOTE: SHORT STEP-BY-STEP VOTING INSTRUCTIONS
2) Click “Vote for this idea” to vote for La Paletera de Los Angeles!
3) Log in with your GOOD account, it’s free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register.
4) If you use an email address, you will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to verify your address.
5) Once you’ve voted, you will get a notification at the top of the screen and an email verifying that your vote has been counted.
6) Remember, you can only vote once during the entire voting period, so please let your friends know and spread the word!
STEP-BY-STEP VOTING INSTRUCTIONS WITH EXPLANATIONS
1) Each person can vote once. In order to vote, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident.
2) In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account.
3) If you don’t have a GOOD account, it’s free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register. You will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to validate your address.
4) To create a Good account by visit: http://community.good.is and click the “Join” button (found in blue stripe).
5) Confirm your email address.
7) Make sure the voting period has begun for the challenge you are trying to vote for. This can be found in the voting section in the timeline module on the right side of the challenge detail pages.
8) If it is time to vote, big blue "Vote" buttons will appear on the submission detail pages. Simply click the “Vote” button to cast your vote.
9) Log in with your GOOD account! If you are new to GOOD, a registration form will appear, which you will need to complete before your vote is cast.
7) Once your vote is cast, you will see a big blue bar replace the "Vote" button, saying "Your vote is cast!" as well as a "Thanks!" pop-up asking if you'd like to rally your friends.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I VOTE?
For most Maker challenges, each person can only vote once per Challenge.
We have had a few exceptions in the past, however, where users can vote once per round, or once per day. All challenge rules are marked under the "Rules and Regulations" section on the Challenge detail page, so be sure to check there for Challenge specific information.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY VOTE IS COUNTED?
After you vote, you will see a "Thanks!" pop-up message in the middle of your screen. In addition, you will see a big blue bar replace the "Vote" button, saying "Your vote is cast!"
CAN I CHANGE MY VOTE?
Yes! If the voting period is open, you can always change your vote by clicking the “Vote” button on any other submission that you would like to vote for. You will be asked to confirm that you want to change your vote. Click, "Yes, change my vote"