WHAT WE DO:
- Inspire, Motivate and Engage women and their children to take ownership and leadership of their neighborhood and local community issues
HOW WE DO IT:
- We help them identify holistic and sustainable solutions to environmental woes
- We support and encourage the building of healthier and sustainable neighborhoods through public engagement and individual participation
- We build an effective and powerful platform for them to speak up and speak out
- We respect their role as decision-makers, leaders and healers of La Madre Tierra
- We listen to community
- We believe in the power of one
WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED:
- Local residents, families and stakeholders are the in the best position to decide what is good for them, their children and their neighborhood.
- Self-empowerment is the most effective tool to inspire leadership - individually and collectively
- We cannot separate the “Green” conversation of conservation with the “Green” economic realities of everyday survival: the two go hand in hand. MDLT is developing an economic empowerment platform to address those issues in a sustainable and strategic manner-La Paletera de Los Angeles-coming soon.